Global Foxcom are one of the leading RF over Fibre (RFoF) Converter manufacturers from Israel. These Links are used to transport down-converted IF signals from a satellite signal feed. Our RF Optic solutions are capable of transporting signals ranging from DC-18GHz catering to a wide range of applications over long distances. Typically, RFoF links receive the down-converted satellite signals from a remote Antenna.
RF over fiber (or Radio over Fiber) refers to a technology whereby light is modulated by a radio frequency signal and transmitted over a fiber optic cable. Optical fiber operates by transmitting light along a dielectric glass fiber, rather than electrical signals over copper. The main technical advantages of using fiber optical links are lower transmission losses, immunity to noise and electromagnetic interference, flexibility and ease of installation.
Global Foxcom’s Flagship Platinum product line is designed to meet the increasing requirements for modularity and high-performance in a small form factor for superior long-distance transmission. Each low profile individual transmitter or receiver can be “hot swapped” in the sub-rack chassis maintaining the highest quality subsystem uptime capability. Each module contains an individual processor to maximize performance at all times. Global Foxcom’s high dynamic range DFB laser delivers exceptional signal quality for the most demanding of applications.
Global Foxcom’s RFoF converters can be categorised into Platinum series and Gold Series.
Platinum Series RF Fiber Links
Global Foxcom’s Platinum series are the latest series as on date and some of the features are as follows:
- IF, 10MHz Ref, L-Band and Wideband (10-3000MHz)
- Can support upto 45Kms of RF link
- Full local control via LCD
- Fully SNMP managed platform
- DigiRF – Keypad module control
- iMizer – Automated IMD Settings
- Embedded RF and Optical power meter
- Chassis supporting 12 modules
An Wideband (10-3000 MHz) RFoF converter comes with following features
- Wideband: 10–3000 MHz
- More than 8Km. distance [15Km with the PL7440T1550]
- Powerful management capabilities via a front panel LCD and rack mounted SNMP
- User control and setting of required IMD level
- Variety of RF and optical connectors
- 1550nm and CWDM ITU Grid laser options are available for longer fiber runs and single fiber multiplexing solutions
Global Foxcom’s Platinum Wideband products are designed to meet the increasing demand for modularity and high-performance in a small form factor for superior long-distance transmission. With high RF input power and wide dynamic range, the link is designed to provide full specification service up to a full 4 dB optical budget with the PL7440R4 receiver.
Utilizing Global Foxcom’s DigiRF technology, the user has full control of all important functions for setup, operation, and analysis via the front panel LCD or via the associated subrack SNMP capability.